Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Independent Mouse and Trackpad scroll direction in Mac OS X

Problem: Mac OS X does not let you have different configurations for the Trackpad and Mouse scroll direction

Solution:
  • Download and install SteerMouse.
  • Use this configuration:
    • Wheel: 
      • Roll Up -> 3 x Scroll Down
      • Roll Down -> 3 x Scroll Up

 
Works like a charm! I've almost forgotten about the hassle of having enable or disable natural scroll depending on what I was using at the moment.

If you're aware of any other solution to this, comment away :)

Darvalon on Reddit also suggests Scroll Reverser as a free alternative: "I have been using it for a while and it works well. The only annoyance is that it breaks 3 finger tap dictionary lookup, but I rarely use that myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment